Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Using Score to Track Progress

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TOOLS

TOOLS

Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2009-01-06

Using Score to Track Progress Empty
PostSubject: Using Score to Track Progress   Using Score to Track Progress Empty1/25/2009, 7:48 pm

Score can be good and bad . Some know how to handle it while others let it interfere with their game. Knowing how to use it properly...or not at all is important. Using it to track your progress can be very challenging and fun but if you let it take over your game it will surely ruin it. It's pretty easy to manage score without worrying much about it... I'll tell you how. In this thread i will try to cover just the very basics of scoring and is something we all should know.

Flying in Fighter mode versus Attack mode:

Side Note: Kills Hit Percentage in fighter mode is much different than attack mode. In Fighter mode, only air to air hits count. ANY bullet that hits the ground will be considered a miss. That includes hitting GV's and Buildings. This does not mean you should avoid taking out the last building needed for a capture.
In Attack mode, anything you hit counts towards score. Both affect your score but in different ways.

Attack mode:

[color=green]Kills per Death <<< same as fighter mode
Kills per Sortie <<<< Same as fighter
Kills per Hour of Flight <<Kills Hit Percentage <<Different>> Includes everything you hit with bombs, rockets and BULLETS. GV's, buildings AND Planes
Kill Points<<< SAME as fighter but includes GV's

DETERMINING WHAT MODE TO FLY IN: Using Score to Track Progress 125870

Ok, this should be pretty easy to figure out.

If you take up bombs and rockets you should be in attack mode plain and simple, if your out looking only for a fight you should be in fighter mode. If you know there is no way you can land your kills try to either bail or ditch and save yourself from being killed and accept the capture. Lose a wing or engine and float to the ground only to die a horrible death sucks in my opinion but does happen. Sometimes you just don't have enough time to get out and other times your just giving your assailant or his buddy enough time to kill you twice. If my wings or tail is gone, I'm punching out.

Remember, you should always be in ATTACK Mode if we're taking out ground targets .You can't gauge your fighter progress properly dropping hangers. Attack mode is set up to gauge both fighter and Jabo abilities since it's usually a duel role.
>>
Thats pretty much it. Simple really
Using Score to Track Progress 26648

Scoring planes properly effects how well we do on the squad boards.

Flying the right mode absolutely will increase OVERALL SQUAD RANK. As of now we're ranked 75, which is pretty darn good but, by allocating your planes properly we as a squad can easily achieve a rank of 30 or less. There are 50 top squads in Aces High. Where on that list would you say we belong?

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/newscores/sqdrank.php

Scoring planes properly is important even if your not interested in score. If not interested, set all your planes into attack mode and just leave it be. This alone will help the squad achieve higher rank. Having higher rank does attract members and and on individual levels, helps us control CV's more efficiently on squad night. Wink

Last edited by TOOLS on 5/18/2009, 11:34 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
TOOLS

TOOLS

PostSubject: Re: Using Score to Track Progress   Using Score to Track Progress Empty1/25/2009, 8:07 pm

Forgot to mention one last thing. If you wanted to cut your GV score in half you must hit something with a rocket. It can be anything from another GV, (very hard to do) a CV (easier) or any building or structure. (easiest!!!)

You will need to take either a PT boat or an SDK.

In the SDK use 23 degree rockets while rolling in first gear toward a building. Use the left front upward pointing stick as an indicator. If you get to close to a building you will kill yourself. They are very powerful rockets.

If you want to shoot from farther out use the same method but load the 60 degree ( I think) rockets. Those are good for hitting towns that have ack up keeping you out of range.

Do not forget to take supplies. You can resupply yourself ..or others 4 times i think.

they also carry troops and most pilots are looking for m3's not SDK's...plus they are faster than a tank or osti but not as fast as an M3.
Back to top Go down
TOOLS

TOOLS

PostSubject: Re: Using Score to Track Progress   Using Score to Track Progress Empty3/6/2009, 1:26 pm

Both Machnum and Merc have excellent scores this month so far. I believe they are challenging themselves to try and become better.

Score as you know can be manipulated in some ways. If you know what to do you can have a low score every month.

As I've said before, information like this does come with a warning. Do Not Let It take Over your Game! Just allocate your planes properly, hit something with a GV rocket and Use bombs that can take out many buildings at a time to increase hit percent. Do not over use the Bombing information. You don't need to keep hitting strat targets all month to lower your score.
However, you will absolutely need to get some captures. Try to get at the very least ONE 1 in a C47 and FOUR in a GV

Using Score to Track Progress WelcometoAcesHighII_1223516957781

Using Score to Track Progress WelcometoAcesHighII_122348378407-1

Using Score to Track Progress WelcometoAcesHighII_122348604095-1
Back to top Go down
TOOLS

TOOLS

PostSubject: Re: Using Score to Track Progress   Using Score to Track Progress Empty5/18/2009, 10:55 am

While with the Aces I personally took on many tasks for the improvement of the squad as I do here. One of those tasks was Training. Training consisted of many duties one of which was to help them understand and improve their scores. Basically what i wrote above is what helped them increase both personal and squad rankings. To this day they all still hold on to that knowledge.

It's easy and anyone can do it. All it really takes is for you to allocate your planes properly for the tasks at hand. Get at least 1 goon & GV capture, Hit anything with a GV/PT rocket at least once and take out buildings and or structures with a plane, gv or bomber. Thats the easy part since we like to take bases anyway and the buildings must go down.

If your good at fighting you can obtain a rank in the lower 30's while enjoying even limited time online if you wish. I've done it in less than 30 hours of play and it wasn't even a goal of mine. Each and everyone of you can achieve a rank under 500 without even trying by following the instructions.

Using Score to Track Progress WelcometoAcesHighII_1242661758307
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Using Score to Track Progress   Using Score to Track Progress Empty

Back to top Go down

Using Score to Track Progress
Page 1 of 1