Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wingman training games

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TOOLS

TOOLS

Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2009-01-06

Wingman training games Empty
PostSubject: Wingman training games   Wingman training games Empty5/26/2009, 2:37 am

The only thing I see us lacking in is our fighter sweeps, which are normally a bit disorganized imo anyway.

How to make them more satisfying and productive will take training. By training, I mean small wingman groups of 2-3 working a certain area.

Squad night can be made more fun by competing. Cajun, Mach and myself against Sky, Charley and hodag and one other team for instance. Plane and fuel load out optional and a time limit determined by fuel probably...maybe 30 min. Most kills wins plus who makes it home. Get shot down early...second chance losers get to up as 4th group while waiting.

Anyone want to add on any comments or rules?

Taking time to practice winging can be done either in the main or the DA btw. You just got to want to do it instead of worrying about a base take.
Back to top Go down
LCCajun
Primary Beer Taster
Primary Beer Taster
LCCajun

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2009-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Wingman training games   Wingman training games Empty5/26/2009, 6:19 am

Damn good idea. I have done that before with a squad I use to be in. The really good thing is and u probably won't even notice it, is by fighting your squadmates you will learn how they like to fly. Really good idea TOOLS.
Back to top Go down
ShrkBite

ShrkBite

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Wingman training games   Wingman training games Empty5/26/2009, 12:06 pm

I agree. i would love to do this. too bad my name wasnt mentioned:...(
Back to top Go down
http://thesquad.forumotion.com
LCCajun
Primary Beer Taster
Primary Beer Taster
LCCajun

PostSubject: Re: Wingman training games   Wingman training games Empty5/26/2009, 12:24 pm

LMAO access denied shrk.
Back to top Go down
TOOLS

TOOLS

PostSubject: Re: Wingman training games   Wingman training games Empty5/26/2009, 12:33 pm

ShrkBite wrote:
I agree. i would love to do this. too bad my name wasnt mentioned:...(

LOL shark, it was late and my last post. I did not plan on naming everyone was just using it as an example.

I imagine teams could be picked using the AH in game roster or by team captains.

Example: wolf lance and five0 being our newer members would all pick two-three guys each using school yard rules. All three groups decide amongst themselves the best place to up and hunt for kills. The team with the most kills after 30-35 min wins.

It would be a fun game to play and help us learn to work in smaller groups using wingman tactics.

I'd be on your team any day ShrkBite, we've got plenty of kills together in the past.

Last edited by TOOLS on 5/26/2009, 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LCCajun
Primary Beer Taster
Primary Beer Taster
LCCajun

PostSubject: Re: Wingman training games   Wingman training games Empty5/26/2009, 12:51 pm

Maybe we can try this Sat night TOOLS. I think I will be able to log on for a couple of hours. I would love to do this. It is alot of fun.
Back to top Go down
skyryder

skyryder

Number of posts : 69

PostSubject: Re: Wingman training games   Wingman training games Empty5/26/2009, 6:22 pm

LOL - SHRK will shoot you all down, myself included.
Or, it could be BOURNE VS. all of us.
Back to top Go down
http://WWW.PMIREALTY.COM
ShrkBite

ShrkBite

Number of posts : 108

PostSubject: Re: Wingman training games   Wingman training games Empty5/26/2009, 8:35 pm

lol. Tools is on MY TEAM!!! Now sky dont get carried away. i'm the best guy to go up against 1v1 cause i suck all by myself. But if i'm behind you, im not leaving buddy. Very Happy I would like to try this out on friday cause im out for the weekend (fishing Smile) i like school yard rules.
Back to top Go down
http://thesquad.forumotion.com
LCCajun
Primary Beer Taster
Primary Beer Taster
LCCajun

PostSubject: Re: Wingman training games   Wingman training games Empty5/27/2009, 12:47 pm

Shrk I should be on at 9 central Fri I will go train with u. You will more then likely kill me though.
Back to top Go down
Hodag

Hodag

Number of posts : 63

PostSubject: Re: Wingman training games   Wingman training games Empty5/27/2009, 8:31 pm

I like the idea. We did intra-squad dogfighting once before and it was fun. New rule though...I get to pick the planes everyone flies.
My team - Spit 8

Opponent - TBM !!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://yahoo.com
TOOLS

TOOLS

PostSubject: Re: Wingman training games   Wingman training games Empty5/27/2009, 9:45 pm

The training games are not meant for inter squad duels/ Although I like those too, It's a game set up for learning wingman type maneuvers in the main arena with a twist of inter squad competition.

3 members go in one direction looking for kills and 2 other groups of 3-4 go in another. You try to find the most kills and rtb saftly in a certain amount of time. 25 to 35 min

It can also be held in the DA over the lake.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wingman training games   Wingman training games Empty

Back to top Go down

Wingman training games
Page 1 of 1